Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stenciled Pillows

I wanted to make a change to my living room decor but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I just felt the living room was too brown. I remembered that I had some cream colored pillows in my closet and wondered if I could stencil them or not. It was worth a shot and they really turned out quite lovely. I think they are kind of Shabby chic or maybe Farm House Glam, who knows.


I took acrylic Martha Stewart craft paint and used my Martha Stewart stencil and I stenciled them on the pillow cover. I took out the pillow insert and put cardboard in the middle while I was stenciling so that the paint didn't go through. I think they turned out pretty good.


I also wanted to change the artwork in my living room, again it was too much brown. I decided to hang up a wood carving/ painting I got in Olinda, Brazil. Then I filled the four frames with patterned paper. 

Lastly I have always wanted a rice paper or patterned paper lamp. I found a hook up from a friend, did a little babysitting for them and voila I have a lamp. 



I feel very blessed to have a beautiful space. I am living in a rental so it is hard sometime to know what I can do to make it beautiful. But I think no matter where you live it is important to make your space look beautiful. It doesn't always have to take tons a money. Sometimes it's about using what you already have, re purposing something or even bartering with someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment