Monday, September 24, 2012

Creativity: Paper strip tray

I saw this cool idea on pinterest about doing a paper strip tray. I found a truly gawdy tray at Value Village and then painted it with Miss Mustard Seeds milk paint in a Kitchen scale color, which is turquoise. Then modge podged pieces of paper on it. Here is the finished result.


Here is the tray I painted with milk paint. 

 I then started cutting out strips of matching paper. I used craft paper and Japanese Chiyogami paper. 
 I then used Modge Podge and glued the pieces onto the tray. 

Below is my china set on my brand new tray! 



4 comments:

  1. ..you had me at turquoise, and then the tea - looks lovely! Always love a fun mix of pattern, whether in paper or fabric, nice job Laura!
    mel ;o)
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Laura! I just got a similar wooden tray at the salvation army and was considering painting and/or modpodging it (maybe with a map like this http://www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/2012/03/spray-paint-project.html) Can I share your modpodge on craft night?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love that! I had one of those blank trays...now where did it go...

    ReplyDelete